Friday, June 12, 2009

Spring Break '09

My mom and dad heading to the monorail for a day of fun.
Dad trying to wake me and my sister, Leigh, on our first morning. I was resistant.

Me, my brother Steven, and my sister planning what we were going to be doing.

Mawmaw was taking the picture. The fam taking a boat cruise in the lagoon.

My handsome Dad and my beautiful Mom.

My mom and dad called me up on April Fool's Day to see if I would be willing to house-sit for them while they went on vacation to Disney World. I obviously agreed seeing as I wouldn't want some random person to watch my house for over a week. My dad starts to giggle and as he's handing the phone to my mom says that he can't go through with it. My mom tells me that if I am going to go that far to watch their house, I might as well go with them. I was totally shocked. They had already called Cade to see if it would be alright and the sweet man that he is said "of course". So I left on the night of the 11th because my grandmother was going to be going with us and my siblings didn't know. After a horrid night of stand-by's and broken planes, I finally made it in at 3AM. I know. I looked like I had been hit by a bus, it reversed, and went again. But we had to leave by 3:30 to get to Orlando in enough time to enjoy the day. So I ran in the house, nearly giving my grandmother a heart attack, took a shower, and we headed off. It was such an amazing trip. We hadn't all taken a family vacation in a very long time. It was so much fun. We were able to take it slow because we were going to be there for 8 days. It was amazing. The food was so so good. The rides were awesome. I couldn't believe that I had been there only 4 months earlier with Cade. I had so much fun. Cade doesn't understand, but I grew up on Disney. I watched all the VHS over and over. I watched the Disney channel religously when I was younger. We went together 2 when I was growing up. It has a lot of sentimental memories for us. We were able to make it back 10 years later. It was an absolutely wonderful adventure to have with them.
I will post more pics next.