Monday, August 31, 2009

Dream Come True

We (meaning mostly I) were so excited to take a wonderful and much needed vacay to the beautiful island of Kauai. It has got to be the most beautiful places on Earth. It is still mostly untouched from tourism. There are jungles and beautiful forests with amazing beaches and views of the ocean.
We were so excited to be able to just lay out and enjoy all of our senses being engaged. It was so beautiful. I am convinced that I need a sound machine to be able to properly fall asleep now. The sound of crashing waves is the only thing that will soothe me. (Maybe if I convince myself and Cade of that we will have to get at least a time share or something there.)

This is the restaurant where we got to eat breakfast every morning. They open these floor to ceiling window panels so we can hear the ocean in the morning. What was actually pretty funny was that each morning we got one table closer to the deck until the last morning when we did eat on the deck. Oh I know you're probably tired of me saying it, but it was soooo gorgeous.

Just a quick pic after some fun in the sun.

(Disclaimer: Speedo approaching) So I did the best I could to limit the damage, but I had to show you our first speedo sighting. What is it with foreigners thinking that we all want to see their 'blessings"? I get that it is normal there but no thanks. Cade was playing in the water when I took this picture. He sees the guy and runs back laughing. He says "Tell me you got that." All I do is smile and say, "I'm so lucky I married you."

We went this amazing luau at the Hyatt down the road from our hotel. The food was delicious and the dancers were amazing. I can't imagine being able to do anything remotely as coordinated as the dancing they were doing. The girls were all so beautiful.

As we are entering the courtyard where it is being held, they were handing out Mai Thai's for the adults and fruit juice for the kids. So after we had both received out leis, we were the only two that went to get juice. It was pretty funny.


The opening ceremony- I have a video, but watch your volume. There is a brief moment where there is some interference with the microphone, but it only lasts a second. The videos are at the very end.




The microphone interruption is around 28 seconds and lasts only a second. All I have to say is if I could move my hips like these ladies, I can think of one person who would be very pleased if that were true.

I ask your forgiveness with this one as well. I am in the background gasping as if I am this poor fellow's mother and cheering him on. It's your call with the sound. Just so you know the thing lit on fire is a gigantic knife. Now how sharp it is, I don't know. It is really neat, though.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe the Speedo-man just wanted to swim. And so, he wanted to swim fast? I wear my Speedo hotpants when I go swimming, though newer at the beach ;)

Pris said...

hey hunnie! how is life? I have been wanting to get in touch with you for the longest, but seems my comments never go through or smething on here. Well life is great my little girl is now 15 months. I am getting married in hawaii in 44 days and then moving there at the beginning of next year. Im super excited. He is great guy, and member of the church. We are going to try and get sealed in the temple within the next 2 years. I hope all is wel here is my numbe 808-285-4632 its hawaii area code. love ya and miss ya tons xoxo