Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mom's Trip Out



She was helping me pick through my load at Halloween. She always made our costumes. She's so talented.

Isn't my mom gorgeous?!?!?!
Near the end of the softball season at the high school, my mom came out to see me for a week and a half. I was so excited. I was able to have her all to myself. (That never happens) It was pretty cool. She was able to watch me coach at a couple games: 1 away and 1 at home. After that it was time to play, we went to the Redlands temple and did a session. It was so cool to do that with her. We hadn't been able to go to the temple together since my wedding. After the temple, we went out to the Outlets. It was so much fun and so exhausting. We went out to San Diego to go to the beach, Deseret Book, and Cheeburger Cheeburger. (Now for those of you who do not know what Cheeburger is, I implore you to check it out. It is one of the best burger joints I have been to.) We were able to have some good FHE's together. It is always nice to add someone new to the mix when it's usually just two of you all the time. It was so great to just be able to kick back and watch a movie (Bride Wars) with my mom like we used to. She was able to see that my life is crazy, yet simple at time same time. And that's the way I like it. I can't wait to see her again. We were able to just be mother and daughter for a while. Instead of worrying about all other kinds of hassle, we were able to just spend time. I really miss her being around all the time.
Love you mom.

1 comment:

B.T.B.B. said...

Your mom is so sweet! Thanks for sharing her with us. By the way, she looks exactly the same now as she did when you were little, except for the glasses of course! You have good genes heading your way Erica.