Monday, December 28, 2009

Pre-Christmas 2009

Mesa Temple Christmas lights My mom and dad
My parents decided to come and spend a few days with us before Christmas. It was such a whirlwind trip, but it was so much fun. We picked them up and headed out to the Mesa temple to go and check out the Christmas lights. It was so beautiful this year and much bigger than what I remember from five years ago. It is always so nice to be on the temple grounds, but to see so many people there was amazing. There were families everywhere and missionaries talking to the people there. It was such a beautiful sight. Afterwards, we headed home for some hometown fun.
Saturday, Cade took my dad and bro out riding in the ranger. They had such a great time and came back covered in dirt. My mom and I stayed back out the house for some craft time and headed to the show to see "The Princess and the Frog". It was adorable. It's based in New Orleans and Louisiana bayou so it was fun to see how accurate they got it. They were spot on! It was great. We had dinner with Cade's parents and the missionaries afterwards. It was hilarious! Sunday we all headed to church and had lunch together. My parents and bro then headed out to Palm Springs to go get some R-n-R. We followed behind them on Monday. We decided to hit the outlets and the aerial tram. It was so awesome! It was quite interesting to see my dad and brother swimming that morning then having to be bundled up due to the seven inches of snow on the ground and the snow that was still coming. It was so beautiful!

It was so much fun to have them out here. I wished they could have stayed longer, but there is always next time...

No comments: