Friday, July 3, 2009

Ode to the Murrills

From being only an 8 minute drive on the interstate to an all day temple trip/Murrill extravaganza. June 20th was the hardest day I have had since moving to Blythe. I had just gotten back from the trek the night before, but I knew that I had something hard to do the next morning. I had to help one of my best friends move. The Murrills were moving on to their next adventure. They had their family there to help them move. They have the best family. They are always so sweet. I got up that morning trying to keep it all together. I was tearing up right as I pulled into their subdivision on saw the big trailer sitting in their driveway. I helped move a few things but they had already had everything pretty much packed up. I couldn't believe it. I thought that I would at least have an hour or so with them, but that's the way they are. If they're going to do it, they're going to do it well and quickly. It was so hard to say goodbye. We have hugs and said goodbye for like an hour. And then after they pulled away, we sat on the porch and cried and talked for another hour and a half. It was so hard. We had so many great times together: camping trips, birthday parties, girls nights, boys nights, etc. I will always cherish those memories and make many more as we travel back and forth to see each other.

Love you guys and miss you terribly. Can't wait to get together again.

1 comment:

B.T.B.B. said...

YOU are so sweet! I haven't checked in on the blog in a while. It was great to catch up. You are such a pretty auntie! I miss you. I love you.